Monday, November 05, 2012

Francis Tsai

I'm sharing a message from someone I consider a friend even though I've never met him.  He's a wonderful artist:

Francis Tsai Illustration and Concept Design
A MESSAGE FROM FRANCIS:

As some of you know, I was diagnosed with ALS (Lou Gehrig's Disease) back in 2010. This is a fatal degenerative nerve disease with no known cause or cure. It affects people in different ways but typically ends in total paralysis and death due to respiratory failure, unless you undergo some invasive body modification procedures to help prevent that. Being an illustrator/concept artist, naturally it took my arms and hands first. I haven't held a pencil since early 2011. Bummer, but I discovered I could use an iPhone with my toes. I figured out how to use the Brushes app and made a handful of paintings. My toes have since lost the dexterity for that, so I’ve started using eye-gaze controlled technology to type and hopefully paint.

To help generate some income while I wait for science to get its stuff together, my awesome sister Marice has put together an online shop featuring some of my artwork. Please consider picking up some cool Tsai swag and sharing this post!

The store is located at: http://francistsaistore.storenvy.com/
Thanks,
Francis


No comments: